We take a familiar and time-honored practice--taking research notes on paper index cards--and make it faster, easier, and more efficient. Whether you are taking notes for class, studying for an exam, writing a paper, or researching your novel, Knoesis Index Card Lite academic project management software gives you the ability to store, organize, format, retrieve, and export your notes for maximum productivity.
Create electronic index cards easily, then file and retrieve according to a customizable matrix of subjects, sources, and keywords, so you'll never again lose a reference. Cast your cards in any combination of fonts, styles, and sizes, and even embed graphics and music files.
And there's no retyping: move seamlessly from initial research, to organization, to the first draft of your term or research paper or lecture. KIC Lite allows you to organize cards under subject headings, order them any way you like, and, when you are happy with the organization, export them to a single rich-text file readable by any word processing program. It will even append a list of your references to make formatting a bibliography easy!
Best of all, a single index card can be filed under several subjects and keywords at the same time. And with full-text search capabilities, you may discover connections in your research you never realized were there. Try that with paper cards!
1) Organizes notes and quotes by user-defined categories.
2) Keeps bibliographic (source) information.
3) Allows cards to be organized and exported to rich-text file for editing in any word-processor.
4) Automatically appends a list of references to any export.
5) Full-text search for cards.
6) Supports rich-text editing of notes, quotes, and bibliographic entries.
7) Supports imbedding of graphics and other files right in the cards.
8) Copy and paste from cards to and from other Windows applications.
» version 1.1.0 - posted on 2001-12-10
Although this software has been installed and tested on all Windows platforms (95 and above), there is no way to simulate every situation and machine configuration possible in the field. Installing and using this software may therefore have unexpected and undesirable consequences.
By downloading and installing this software you agree not to hold Knoesis, nor any of its agents or subsidiaries, responsible for system problems which you may experience, including loss of data, as a result of the installation or use of this software.